Thursday 9 March 2017

Focus !

Focus !

The ' Secret ' of success is summarized in one magical word and it is Focus .
This picture reminds me of Three stories .

One .It was in 2000 when I was extremely occupied in doing many things besides my private clinical practice .I would go to way off charitable hospitals as well Ahmedabad's First corporate hospital ,go to Matar , a village in Kheda district of Gujarat  ,involved in religious events ,go to learn French to Alliance Francaise, as well take training from NIS - Sparta in sales and marketing .Was into Reiki and Pranic healing .Besides I had completed my PGD-HRM from IGNOU .Hence I would attend HR conferences as well as medical conferences .
I once met the Director of Torrent Research Center Dr.Gautam Dutt as a very close friend of mine Ketan Doshi had suggested to me for guidance .I did a presentation after which he said ," You are not focused. .He them made an offer to me to join his research department .Interestingly though I had agreed I did not join as there was an earthquake and my decision changed .
I soon decided I would focus on my private practice as a E.N.T.surgeon .
Well and good ,for eventually I did only those activities which were profitable to me financially .
The central dot in this picture reminds me of this .

Two .In the yoga practice that I follow ( Laya Yoga ) there is a term ' Relaxed attention .Here too you focus on the scientific way of breathing .When you master it ,your emotional reactions to whatever occurs around is  minimized and you remain mentally i.e. intellectually and emotionally stable as well physically sound .The effect of your past 'Karmas' too are minimized and you learn to pause before reacting , very essential in the present fast moving 21 st. century .

Third .The most memorable story associated which I had heard from a good friend of mine ,Dr. Lalit Kapoor well known Cardio Thoracic surgeon .This was way back in 1989 - 90.
The story is of a Swami who was sitting in the market place crying silently .A group of youngsters passed by .They asked the Swami as to why there were tears in his eyes .The Swamiji asked them "What do you see on the wall behind me ?" They replied ," Of course a Black spot ".The Swamiji replied ,"This is why exactly I am crying .Don't you see the entire white wall ?"

And this is exactly what I want to say .
To be successful Focus on What you want and Have rather than on what others are doing and their negative points .Focus on the Good points in others and tell them in a gentle manner for appreciation is rare and very few people believe it .
Next article is How and why of Focusing and achieving the success you deserve !

Dr. Chandrashekhar Ranade,
India's Most Admired Mind mapper .

2 comments: