Saturday 11 March 2017


                                                          Dreams do come True !

1995 December .
I had written an article on the Consumer Protection Act which was published word by word in the Gujarat Medical Journal  ,though it was a four page one .It had received rave reviews .It was written with suggestions for the medical fraternity to change the medical education system and update it with the importance of training the medical students in the art and science of communication .
Little did I know then I had written my own destiny, for my life followed what I had written .

I did a course in Human Resource management (1997) to be followed by a 1 year stint ( 1999) in marketing and sales.
Much later it was followed with me taking an avid interest in Neuro Linguistic Programming ( 2000) the science of excellence in communication .
Around the same time  I cut down various activities  and focused on my private practice as a doctor .
But God has a master plan for all of us .
In 2008 a friend ,philosopher and guide Ashwanikumar Trivedi ,Guru in Time travel suggested to me to try mind mapping .Though there were plenty of books on mind mapping in the Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA ) library it took me a good six months to pick up my first one .For two years I kept on reading them intermittently , when eventually in 2010 I decided that in that year I would do a hundred mind maps .By February second week I had completed Sixty five mind maps and by 30 th. June I had done my First hundred !Some of them were mind maps of medical subjects like Anatomy and Physiology and some in my speciality i.e. E.N.T. O yes ! I would get up early at 5.00 in the morning and do some of them .
In 2013 I along with my wife Dr. Abha Ranade had an opportunity to visit the Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences( GAIMS ) ,Bhuj .A senior colleague was taking a lecture and invited us to attend it .It was an opportunity which we accepted little knowing that one day my dream of making changes in medical education was going to come true .We sat on the benches along with the undergraduate students .It was at that time I felt a strong feeling in my chest that if I were to be in that postion of our senior colleague it would be wonderful .
It was less than a  year in 2014 that I got an opportunity to join the Institute as Assistant Professor in the Department of E.N.T. Next year in 2015 I was delivering lectures in the same lecture room ,i.e. room number 5 .My dream had come true !
The 'Secret ' in action ?!
In this photograph I was sitting where you see the students sitting on the left side of the lecture hall. .
It was exactly two years later in 2015 that I was standing on that very platform where I wanted to be .
Twenty years later when I had written there should be changes in medical education I was making those very changes using Mind maps and video clippings to make learning fun .

Dr. Chandrashekhar Ranade,
11-03-2017,Saturday .

No comments:

Post a Comment